Yes, it’s Cinco de Mayo once again. And, what does that mean beyond the usual swell of Corona, margarita and enchilada specials? Here in the U.S., it is a celebration of Mexican pride and heritage. It’s also a fantastic excuse to try out some new dishes inspired by our neighbor to the south.
Not feeling creative? Do you still want to celebrate in a culinary way, but, you can’t see past a wet burrito? Not to worry, we can help.
Here’s a list of cookbooks to put some zip into your Cinco de mayo celebration.
- Authentic Mexican: Regional Cooking from the Heart of Mexico
- Simply Mexican
- Fresh Mexico: 100 Simple Recipes for True Mexican Flavor
- The Art of Mexican Cooking
- Rick Bayless’s Mexican Kitchen: Capturing the Vibrant Flavors of a World-Class Cuisine
- Paletas: Authentic Recipes for Mexican Ice Pops, Aguas Frescas & Shaved Ice
- The Tex-Mex Cookbook: A History in Recipes and Photos
Feliz Cinco de Mayo!