If you thought the days of eating whatever you want were over, think again.
If you’re like me, sometimes there’s a more than slight twinge of guilt associated with chowing down some of your favorite pig out foods. I’m not sure exactly what it is, but, I suspect it’s my scale (or my Cardiologist) talking. Damn them both.
But, all hope of a remorse free meal or snack is not lost. I’m here to give you a one day only pass to eat whatever your little heart desires (you can thank me later). That’s because today is, Eat What You Want Day!
I’m not certain who dreams up some of these crazy food holidays, but, this is one that everyone can enjoy. Since it’s not a singular food event, you can make it what you want it to be. And, who doesn’t like that kind of culinary freedom? It’s a personalized food holiday!
As a public service and in hopes of giving your brain a jump start, I’m going to suggest a few cookbooks as a source of inspiration. As you can easily see, there are a virtual wealth of Eat What You Want Day possibilities.
Now do your job and get out there and eat!
- Junk Foodie: 51 Delicious Recipes for the Lowbrow Gourmand
- Encyclopedia of Junk Food and Fast Food
- Chocolates and Confections: Formula, Theory, and Technique for the Artisan Confectioner
- The Good Stuff Cookbook: Burgers, fries, shakes, wedges, and more
- Great American Hot Dog Book, The: Recipes and Side Dishes from Across America